RK-787-3 and (-2) / Chattering-squeak sounds emitting from tool nose.
If there is a squeak or chattering sound coming from the front of the tool, use the following strategy to repair it.
Note: Lubrication of spindle must happen weekly.
- Take nose piece, nose case off the gun and expose the entry point of spindle to tool body. No clamshell screws must be removed.
- Use 3 and 1 oil sparingly around this area to thin the debris and dust.
- Apply a thin layer of Magna lube to this spindle area
- Cycle the tool, 20 more times.
- If it persists, repeat 20 more cycles
- If it still persists, relubricate this area again and cycle the tool 20 more times.